1. All teams must submit a VMSHL roster to the league office by 12/1.
2. All teams must submit a copy of the USA Hockey Registration Confirmation for each individual player on the team.
3. The playing rules of the league will be guided by the current USA Hockey rule book with the following exceptions and stipulations:
3.1. Fighting rule as so stated in item rules 12.
3.2. 7th and 8th Grade Divisions will play by Bantam age level rules. 6th Grade Divisions will play by Peewee age level rules.
4. A roster will consist of a maximum of 20 players. Teams requiring more than 20 players can petition the league for an expanded roster.
5. A minimum of six (6) players may be dressed for a game in an emergency only.
6. Game duration will be 3 periods of 12 minute stop time.
7. Penalty Times: Minor (1:30) Major (4:00) Misconduct (8:00)
8. All protests must be made to the League Commissioner within 24 hours by phone and 48 hours in writing, or before the next game. Note: Judgment calls of officials are not grounds for protest.
9. Complete uniforms and helmets are mandatory for play. All players must wear only USA Hockey/HECC approved helmets.
10. No player may appear on more than one roster within the league.
11. In case of inclement weather teams should call the rink they are scheduled to play at. If the rink is open, the game should be played. You may also check online for any weather related cancellations.
12. Fighting or match penalties may result in expulsion from the league.
12.1. Any player assessed a fighting major penalty is automatically suspended from league play indefinitely pending a hearing by the league office.
12.2. Any team that has a second fighting major penalty, is suspended from league play for the balance of that playing year.
13. Teams requesting postponement with other teams due to inclement weather are responsible for the full cost of the regularly scheduled game, unless the VMSHL has canceled the game.
14. Players, including alternates, must wear the same rostered jersey number throughout the season.
15. Each teams coach is responsible for the actions of his/her players on and off the ice. The condition of league facilities are maintained for the comfort and convenience of all league members, abuse of these facilities will be dealt with severely by the league commissioner. Please make sure to have an adult in the locker room with the players at all times. If your locker room is dirty or damaged report it to the league commissioner and include a brief note in the comments section of the official game sheet. (There must be at least one (1) coach in the locker room while there are players present in the locker room.)
16. All game sheets must be on a VMSHL form with goalies indicated. The commissioner reserves the right to check signatures and declare a forfeit, if any discrepancies exist.
17. No coach will be allowed on the ice to aid an injured player, unless the referee requests help from the bench personnel.
18. Please instruct parents to stay off the ice. Non compliance will result in suspension of that parents child from the league.
19. Any and all complaints, written or otherwise, by players or parents will not be accepted by the league office, unless the directors of their program have approved such complaint.
20. This game is a sport, and the rules of fair play and sportsmanship are mandatory in the VMSHL. We are guiding and teaching the young leaders of tomorrow. They will emulate our actions.
21. Any coach, who forgets he or she is teaching young children and behaves in a less than proper manner during, before or after the game, will receive a suspension from the league.
22. Any parent acting in the same manner will cause their child to be suspended.
23. Suspended coaches or players will not be allowed to participate in league competition for a period of time as determined by The League Commissioner
24. Any coach, manager or trainer ejected from a game will automatically receive a one game suspension. Repeat offenders can be suspended permanently from the VMSHL.
25. Running game clock situations: 1) Fifteen (15) or more assessed penalties in a game. Includes misconducts and game misconducts.
26. Any player or coach that receives four (4) penalties in a game, including misconduct penalties, will be suspended for the remainder of the current game and the next scheduled league game.
27. Teams should be ready to play 5 minutes prior to the scheduled game time. A warm-up period of three minutes shall be allowed prior to the start of each game. Teams not prepared to play after the warm-up period will be assessed a minor penalty for delay of game.
28. Playoff Eligibility: Players must compete in 7 regular season games with their team of record (roster) in order to be eligible to participate in playoffs
29. The regular season team standings will be computed by a points system,
Win = 2 points, Tie = 1 point, Loss = 0 points.
Standings Tie Breaker -
-Head to Head results against teams tied
-Goals Differential Head to Head between teams tied
-Goals Differential in all games